It is currently Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:17 am



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.2 2010 
Author Message
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 am
Posts: 6363
Location: Timeline 39, Earth-Moon L1 Lagrange point
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
speaking of Extraterrestria Life:

The Good, The Bad and



the Ugly: the cattle/human mutilation cases...

Warning:Graphic Authopsy Content Link :why

http://www.alienvideo.net/0805/alien-ab ... lation.php

_________________
--
Remember: this whole thing is about self-responsibility, self-rule and self choice.
Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 3209
Location: "Consulting the Oracles"
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Phatman

You're living in Cabrillo Park?

Dex

_________________
Extraterrestrial's said to Alex..."The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry lifetime after lifetime".


Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 am
Posts: 2580
Location: ALIVE
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Greeting all who do not want evil men to succeed,

In searching for the truth I have found many lies.

I want the truth from the Powers that be (PTB).

Disinformation, Fear and spin doctoring of all truths must stop if we are to evolve Humanity.

The PTB want us to live in fear, and their control is information and money.

Currently we have Trillions of debt and little of accountability and truth.

The fat cats PTB want to retain things as they are by controlling industry, and politics.

Honor and integrity are the foundations for restoring to the Human condition.

With facts of the world reveled we can see the true depth of the suffering that so easily can be prevented.

I feel the time is at hand and there are events which will determine how we live as Humans for the next thousand years.

Our nation has become a nation of ever growing secrets and darkness, since after WWII, along with many rights and privileges that have disappeared.

There are those controlling behind the scenes that do not wish us well or to know the truth about many things.

I have been tracking recent events of the powers granted to Interpol along with the huge financial crisis that never seems to end.

I am not alone in believing that these events are coincidences (see links about corruption and 47 trillion in liens against USA)

( http://www.myspace.com/tom_heneghan_intel, http://benjaminfulford.typepad.com/, http://fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/nesara/news/, http://www.worldreports.org/ )

Since there are three continents (USA, Japan and Britain) singing the same tune of trillions embezzled and bribes to keep the status quo along with the truth about many matters from being reveled!

I would like to see if there is any resonance with this subject and what we could do about it.

Can we march upon the commons to get reformation with truth, integrity and honesty or are we too far gone? After all there have been leaders like Eisenhower, JKF, Martin Luther and many others who tried to make a difference with some ending up worse for it. Even if we had a charismatic leader who had integrity and honesty and was willing to stand up until the truth was told. The quote from 1/17/61, was not complete in that the PTB darkness complex is far greater than Ike imagined. He said "We face a hostile ideology global in scope, atheistic in character, ruthless in purpose and insidious in method..." and "we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought.... Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
We have had the mesh of our Humanity stripped by greed, and the lack of truth due by fear.

The PTB that control political parties, media and our boss are opposed of truth being reveled because of greed. They want to keep the citizenry without knowledge of the secrets they hold.
Have we come to the end where everyone is in it for them self’s and can be bought off?
Will no one standup for the One Universal Creator?
Where is the love for Humanity, for all of Humanity gone?
When will Humanity be United in standing for what is good?

I belive that financial accountability of the PTB is required to solve poverty or the environment, and that we need tangible actions to obtain a positive united humanity.
MT7

P.S. found this article describing some of the PTB as Inverted totalitarianism and the political demobilization of the citizenry. Called "Democracy in America Is a Useful Fiction", by Chris Hedges a graduate from Harvard Divinity School and was for nearly two decades a foreign correspondent for The New York Times
http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/democracy_in_america_is_a_useful_fiction_20100124/

_________________
Peace to all, though Justice, liberty, and truth.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 4952
Location: Canada
Post Re:
PageMarker wrote:
L2L wrote:
Ferret your high and mighty attitude is starting to get old and this latest post of your's is boarder line crossing the Golden Rule.
We have let your comments go in the past but I think it's time for a friendly reminder that we allow ALL beliefs and theories here UNLIKE the other forums you speak of.

NO ONE asked you to believe what Recall or Don posts about PX, personally I am on the fence with the whole P/X subject but I read their posts to see what others think.

As for the Nancy Lieder comment, I for one don't believe a word she says and personally think she's a few bricks short of a load.

So for you to state that the this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet "X" is laughable... :roflmao

That is obviously b]YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ONLY [/b] and to be honest it actually OFFENDS me :flame

Me and the staff here volunteer allot of our personal time to offer you and the rest of the GT a fair and balanced board and if you had read anything other than the GT here you would know that :yamon

If you want to post your opinions here we strongly encourage you to do so BUT do it nicely.

Otherwise as you say please put your coat on and find another board that suites your personal beliefs.


I side with ‘The Ferret’ on this one, and I would prefer to stay out of squabbles.


This is NOT a squable it's a request to be nice.
Just because one does not believe in another's post or belief does NOT give one the right to BRAND an entire board with a very wide brush.
That is what I took offense to and why I stepped in, I have spent ALLOT of time rebuilding & restoring this place and to be sort of called a cult really offends me!

That being said there is ONLY one way to fix this stigma and that's from input from the people who read here, no input means no fix so please keep the feedback coming.

PageMarker wrote:
‘The Ferret’ is not the only one who feels “this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet “X”” and what is dismissed as “laughable” (along with the cute little ROFLMAO emoticon) is also my own personal opinion in agreement with ‘The Ferret.’ This site is both pro Nancy Lieder AND pro PX as NL relays thru her ‘zetas,’ and I have told Dondep this on more than one occasion.


Just because a few active members post about PX & NL on the golden Thread does NOT mean that this entire board is PRO ANYTHING...
We simply allow our members FREEDOM to post their opinions on the GT with limited MODERATION....

The Golden Thread is all about an open and broad discussion about MANY topics.
I am saddend to hear that some of you feel that it's a one sided discusion as this tells me that all our work here has been a failure...

PageMarker wrote:
However, irregardless of the cause that “the earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard,” Dondep and I can easily reconcile our differences in the need for preparedness and emergency supplies.


Pagemaker that is why we made this entire Survival Section, NOT becasue we believe Planet X is gonna kill us all but because Prepping is a GOOD THING, you should check it out and maybe even contribute your knowledge ;)

viewforum.php?f=19

PageMarker wrote:
“Planet X,” or “Hercolubus,” or “Wormwood” or whatever designation given, whether it be from legend, Sitchen’s works, Oahspe, or the Bible are quite different and diverse sources than some lady channeling ‘zetas’ giving a message that the earth has been halted in it’s orbit for the last 6 years. Apparently ‘The Ferret’ would like “actual FACTS,” and I cannot blame that person either. I surmise I have not been paying sufficient attention to have noted his or her “high and mighty attitude” when the less gullible encounter the absurd.


This is NOT the first time that Ferret has come off with the "Higher than Mighty" & the I know more than you attitide I can assure you.

How many times have you seen a warning from me or the staff in the past?

PageMarker wrote:
Apologies in advance if my opinion offends TPTB around here.


No need to appologize Pagemaker, your a valuable and LONG TIME contributer to the GT and all of us respect your thougts.

Opinions are very much welcomed, as I said above how can we improve and grow as a board if we don't get any feedback?

Just this past weekend one of our staff was asked if we could make a new section and we did, did anyone even here even notice?

Maybe it's time that I remove Don as a Moderator?
Don will be the first one to confirm this, he has only ever been an advisor to the board rather than a Moderator.

Maybe Don's beliefs and him being a Moderator makes people "THINK" there is some sort of influence behind the scenes here at the GT?

You know what they say about assumptions right?








YUK...................... :shakehead

_________________
Image Please Obey the Golden Rules viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3563&p=40912#p40912


Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:15 am
Posts: 2580
Location: ALIVE
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
L2L,
..... I am on the fence with the whole P/X subject but I read their posts to see what others think.
:agree

.....I have spent ALLOT of time rebuilding & restoring this place
:clap :clap :clap

.... does NOT give one the right to BRAND an entire board with a very wide brush.
:ahhh

.... the feedback coming.
:ufo

.... it's a request to be nice.
:redheart


....feel that it's a one sided discusion as this tells me that all our work here has been a failure...
:crap

Hang in there L2L

_________________
Peace to all, though Justice, liberty, and truth.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:28 pm
Profile
GT Truther

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Up-State NY
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
recall15 wrote:
speaking of Extraterrestria Life:

Warning:Graphic Authopsy Content Link :why

http://www.alienvideo.net/0805/alien-ab ... lation.php


I've read that case a number of times, and still get the feeling the victim was ATTACKED by some type of Insectoid ET.(for lack of a better word)
I don't mean to be too graphic, but he had his guts sucked out alive!!!
A lot like insects in my book.

What I find a bit strange, is the lack of more reported human~mutilations then just this one.

~*~*~*~*~
On the topic of "feedback" and The Golden Thread(s).

I have seen a few heated discussions here, which is healthy an honest. Being resectful should be second nature here.(IMO)

Also, I didn't see any abuse of MODship on Don's part. So why remove him?

(Ha, just a lurker's view) ;)

epo3

_________________
Its Full of Stars...


Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2912
Location: Miles from DC in rural PA
Post Re: SOHO confusion and questioning NL/ZT
{Note: This post by Ferret was the last I read prior to this post; I see there have been quite a few other posts since then but will post this since I spent a long time on it. I'll edit it if need be after I catch up.}


The Ferret wrote:
Or it could be just as they say, Don.

Why draw attention to supposed 'PX' by blocking it out with big black marker pen type blocks? Surely that would only encourage keen eyed and inquisitive folk, with telescopes good enough, to go looking there in that area of sky for themselves? It would be easily visible by now according to the claims about it's size/position, surely? So that does not make any sense.


Not necessarily so, Steph. If we were talking about a 'normal' planet, something like a Venus or a Mercury, perhaps it might be more likely to be visible by now, but on top of the distinction of being a 'brown dwarf star' and not a 'planet', we have the additional complications of alleged interference by extraterrestrial entities that claim to be able to move planets about, bobbing Earth up and down on the ecliptic to simulate the seasons. Do I know this to be true? No. Can I prove that claim is false? Also a "no". While some may find the claim too absurd to seriously consider, others might find the claim of actual extraterrestrials themselves as being too absurd.

But to return to your first question; "why block it out using such a rudimentary-looking device to obfuscate?" This is a good question and not easily dismissed, but consider the alternatives. Remember that allegedly NASA has been airbrushing 'IT' out when it was appearing sporadically, and easily discernible. (I say "allegedly" because we have no proof positive of it in this instance, but we DO have a record of NASA and military employees airbrushing out alien bases on the dark side of the Moon. That testimony is one of the bright spots in the otherwise-lackluster "Disclosure Project" headed by Dr. Stephen Greer.) At some point, they run the risk of doing so much airbrushing it would become recognizable for what it is. Another alternative would be to simply let the cameras roll, and invent an explanation for that 'thing' or collection of things out there, perhaps some long-lost meteor shower finally come home. Naturally this would raise more questions than it would answer, especially in a climate where more and more people are becoming aware of just the concept of 'Planet X', let alone proof of it. Now as to why the big black blocks; yes, they do look like the old-fashioned "pixelization" block-outs, or even better yet, they look like someone using the basic Paint program that comes with all Windows operating systems was experimenting with the various tools therein – in a word, clumsy-looking. And this would be intentionally so, because to attempt to truly hide (via Photoshop or similar) so many “anomalies” might hide them in the short run, but if we ran those images past a computer forensics team (such as I did last March when the “winged anomaly” first made its appearance; you recall that they were able to determine the ‘anomaly’ was not artificially introduced into the image) they would become known and the resultant cries of “fake!” would roil NASA like no other scandal. It’s bad enough as it is! But with something looking so archaic, so…..”analog”, it’s a short step to announcing “degradation of the equipment” and taking it off-line. Which is what I predict will happen; either that, or they will simply take old footage and add new time-stamps to it.



The Ferret wrote:
Though I've yet to hear any PX'ers actually agree on exactly the dimensions/trajectory/position as yet, to be honest.


To be honest, no-one CAN agree, because of the nature of the beast! I might have mentioned this on-thread not too long ago, I know I've used this description in IM's lately, but when considering what we are dealing with, I would suggest imagining a log of driftwood, lazily cruising down the river towards a waterfall, where there are usually eddies and currents that form around rocks and other protrusions that tend to repel the driftwood, so that it seems to bounce back and forth, much like the steel ball in an old-fashioned pinball machine. In other words, the "trajectory" is erratic, it doesn't conform to our elementary understanding of celestial mechanics, because there are forces at work that we don't normally encounter in our staid, orderly solar system where every planet has its place and no-one gets out of line (er, orbit). Imagine trying to take pictures of a pinball machine in action while trying to make sure the pinball itself isn't shown in the image.


The Ferret wrote:
Oh, and, sorry, everyone in the world who challenges the reality of PX is sucked in by NASA's story and putting their head in the sand, too dumb to think it out for themselves ! :nono


Actually, that's not true. I always welcome well-thought challenges to the minority view, and the "PX is a reality" view IS a minority view, let's not forget. Only a handful of individuals worldwide are convinced of it, in fact less than 2,000 humans are allegedly 'officially' aware of it. The entire mainstream media treats the subject with ridicule because that way they don't have to have a debate or even discussion of it. The employment of ridicule is to short-circuit any serious discussion of the topic, which saves the MSM and the elites lots of thought-time thinking up defensive rebuttals, etc.

In stark terms, we're not simply dealing with "NASA's story"; there are entire fields seemingly-unrelated to NASA or even anything astronomical for that matter, that are experiencing "anomalies" that can easily be explained by the paradigm that includes "PX". This is important because if we are to limit our consideration to astronomical matters, we could easily be lulled into somnambulistic acceptance of the assurances of NASA spokesmen (and women), but that's not the case because we all generally have wide-ranging intellects with interests in many areas, which is why some of us are questioning why all of a sudden many powerful politicians are retiring all of a sudden. Or in the case of Vice-President Biden's son Beau Biden, not running for his "father's seat" (let's not mince words; the entire Delaware selection process to fill that seat in the wake of Joe Biden's election as Veep was to allow Beau to run virtually unopposed). Obviously NASA has nothing to do with these retirements, or does it? And what about the big news of the economic collapse just before the presidential election? The economy had been coasting along not on productivity, but on real-estate speculation (in the US, anyway). And yesterday it was announced that the Fed had claimed "national security" when it came to disclosing details of the AIG bailout. WTF?!? Well, there IS a connection there, but I defy anyone to come up with an alternative to the pending poleshift that is just as comprehensive, cohesive, and coherent. Let me put it another way; can anyone come up with such an alternative explanation that connects all these ‘dots’ in better fashion? I would welcome an alternative paradigm that's inclusive of the disparate data from the many disciplines.


The Ferret wrote:
I notice Recall did not come back on that issue. No argument to counter the explanation I posted? Just let's ignore the challenge to what we're saying and hope it all goes away, eh? After all, let's not let actual FACTS get in the way of blind belief when it comes to good ol' PX!


Now that's not fair, Steph. If there are facts that can be proven and that disprove a particular explanation, we all stand to be corrected and be the better for it. I welcome being corrected, if indeed we can agree on what constitutes a "fact".

The Ferret wrote:
As seems to be getting more prevalent sadly on this forum, unquestioning acceptance of Nibiru/PX and Nancy Lieder's Zetas drivel is taking over from common sense and objective reasoning. Is the Golden Thread going the way of the other conspiracy obsessed doomsday 'woo woo' forums now? :shakehead :crazy


The Golden Thread has always dealt with "conspiracy" concepts, actually. The entire Burisch saga or farce, or whatever, is/was some type of conspiracy, though there is widespread disagreement here on exactly who and what constituted the conspiracy. And to say that we are all "unquestioningly accepting" what NL/ZT say is simply untrue. Many disbelieve the idea we're headed for a poleshift, even violently so. Myself, I constantly challenge Nancy and in some cases her filtering of what she's being told by her alleged zetas. However, it's your characterization of her information as drivel that unquestioningly denigrates that same stream of information. We can be dismissive without being derogatory, but we can state the situation more objectively: you tend to not believe the information provided by that source, even going so far as to reject it out-of-hand without serious consideration, even as you claim some might appear to be accepting it blindly, also not questioning it. Here at home I have to deal with that same attitude because Starry seems to share your POV even though she's had ample opportunity to see data that few here have had the opportunity to see, that would take what NL/ZT say far beyond what's being published online. The fact is that we all tend to accept or reject data as it accords with our own logic and intuition. Logic tells me one thing, while it tells you another. Because we choose which 'facts' and hypotheses we are receptive to, not because we are 'blindly unquestioning' or 'shrilly in denial'. I've also continually asked to have the 'drivel' as you call it disproven, and no, not with mainstream ridicule, which is come by easily enough on any given forum or street corner. I mean using a comprehensive, logical approach. It hasn't happened, and until we can disprove the entire affair, or prove it, it remains a subjective subject.

The good thing is, here on the GT, you are free to be as dismissive as someone is free to be accepting, or vice-versa. Until we have proof one way or another, this is still a "search for the truth". Of course if you feel that you need to be surrounded by others just as dismissive, then that's your choice and I understand completely, though I would miss your insight as much as we might disagree.

_________________
"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 4952
Location: Canada
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
epo3 wrote:
On the topic of "feedback" and The Golden Thread(s).

I have seen a few heated discussions here, which is healthy an honest. Being resectful should be second nature here.(IMO)

Also, I didn't see any abuse of MODship on Don's part. So why remove him?

(Ha, just a lurker's view) ;)

epo3


I never ONCE said that Don abused as you say his "MODship".

In fact Don is the most diplomatic and honest man I have ever known but I think he will agree with me on this one.

Just because he and others occasionally post a "quote" from NL and or from other web sources, that does NOT make this forum a CULT.

_________________
Image Please Obey the Golden Rules viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3563&p=40912#p40912


Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Up-State NY
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
L2L wrote:
epo3 wrote:
On the topic of "feedback" and The Golden Thread(s).

I have seen a few heated discussions here, which is healthy an honest. Being resectful should be second nature here.(IMO)

Also, I didn't see any abuse of MODship on Don's part. So why remove him?

(Ha, just a lurker's view) ;)

epo3


I never ONCE said that Don abused as you say his "MODship".

In fact Don is the most diplomatic and honest man I have ever known but I think he will agree with me on this one.

Just because he and others occasionally post a "quote" from NL and or from other web sources, that does NOT make this forum a CULT.


I hope I didn't offend, I misread you wrt Don.

I don't see any "CULT here either. It seems common for folks in disagreements on forums to start the accusations though.

So I'll just kinda sneak back to my lurking mode...

epo3

_________________
Its Full of Stars...


Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile
GT Truther

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Southern USA
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Lynnwood wrote:
I know a guy that works for EG&G at Area 51, he was always complaining about the "old guy" that insisted that they use an old archaic computer language. He said it was in use because it's simplicity made it safe, but that as far as he was concerned, it was past the point of diminishing returns. He did tell me the name, and I don't remember it being Forth

They are doing some weird stuff with refrigerator-sized magnets at Area 51.

Also, I know an expert in Eiffel programming language, another dinosaur. It wasn't Eiffel, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_(pr ... g_language)


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Dear Lynnwood,

We need more info! When we get our trip organized to ECETI, let's swing by Area 51 ;) and check out those big refrigerators. Whoever put up the links to the second ship interview, gets big thanks for me. What an informative interview. I am going to buy the book and "read between the lines" like the author suggested.

There is a very very interesting interview from an ARMY ranger with lots of science degrees that hints at some interesting things. He mentions First Sphere of Influence many times and "this planet" a bunch of times as he chides Zbignew.

Those of you who are good at "doublespeak" need to go read his letter to Zbig at the site below. I can't wait to see what everybody thinks that this guy is saying between the lines.

MK
http://thatsjustplumdumb.com/index.php/ ... ideration/

_________________
"...mankind will not merely survive, he will prevail...for alone among all animals, mankind has compassion." Faulkner, Nobel Prize Speech 1953


Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Southern USA
Post Re: A funny diversion; "The economy is so bad that..."
the time traveler wrote:
Now that's funny!

Simmering Frog wrote:
The economy is so bad that:
I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

I ordered a burger at McDonald's and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you call them and ask if they meant you or them.

Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

McDonald's is selling the 1/4 ouncer.

Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children's names.

A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

Dick cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia is laying off judges.

Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $15 Trillion disappear!

And, finally...
I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc.,I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck!
6
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

You could really have fun with this stuff. I laughed so hard at those jokes. Did you make them up, SF? They were great.

MK

_________________
"...mankind will not merely survive, he will prevail...for alone among all animals, mankind has compassion." Faulkner, Nobel Prize Speech 1953


Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 4952
Location: Canada
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
epo3 wrote:
L2L wrote:
epo3 wrote:
On the topic of "feedback" and The Golden Thread(s).

I have seen a few heated discussions here, which is healthy an honest. Being resectful should be second nature here.(IMO)

Also, I didn't see any abuse of MODship on Don's part. So why remove him?

(Ha, just a lurker's view) ;)

epo3


I never ONCE said that Don abused as you say his "MODship".

In fact Don is the most diplomatic and honest man I have ever known but I think he will agree with me on this one.

Just because he and others occasionally post a "quote" from NL and or from other web sources, that does NOT make this forum a CULT.


I hope I didn't offend, I misread you wrt Don.

I don't see any "CULT here either. It seems common for folks in disagreements on forums to start the accusations though.

So I'll just kinda sneak back to my lurking mode...

epo3


You did not offend me at all.

In fact like you I am starting to regret saying anything at all even though certain accusations were made.

_________________
Image Please Obey the Golden Rules viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3563&p=40912#p40912


Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm
Posts: 1561
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Madame_Karnak wrote:
Those of you who are good at "doublespeak" need to go read his letter to Zbig at the site below. I can't wait to see what everybody thinks that this guy is saying between the lines.

MK
http://thatsjustplumdumb.com/index.php/ ... ideration/


Hmmm... Seems to me the author knows the score...

Quote:
I am building a great case against you and your cartel, something the world will hear, even if you murder me and my family.


Wow, now THAT is a threat that evidence of crimes has been assembled and is in safe locations..


Quote:
I’ve studied evolutionary processes on this planet and, therefore, understand and have decoded your moves and actions to establish a socialist/fascist police state in the United States.



Those in the know, know we didn't "evolve" from apes. The author, I believe, is stating he is aware of the alien influence in US politics. Hallelujah! - The author is a main-stream book editor, indeed, edited The Da Vinci Code, - FINALLY someone is speaking out loud about this entire sordid situation!


Quote:
I also know that fascist American Wall Street bankers have tried this before: in 1933 and 1934, Wall Street bankers attempted a fascist putsch and tried to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt and also recruit a two-time winner of the Medal of Honor, MG Smedley Darlington Butler, to lead an army of 500,000 soldiers to march on the White House.

It was all a ruse, staged by The First Sphere of Influence, which needed Roosevelt as its presidential pawn. FDR went on to create what is thought of as the most prolific fascist presidency. [Until George W. Bush came into office.]

The author is suggesting history is repeating itself. Duh, but nice to see it in print, and not on a conspiracy site.

Next paragraph - BEWARE TECHNOLOGY.


Quote:
Irv Thalberg, said on more than one occasion, to the effect: “Writers are the most important part of the filmmaking process, and we must never let them know this.”

Of course, without controlled Media, the plan will never work. The fact the author is having "dinner parties" [read: fundraisers for a MSM resistance?] is mildly comforting.


Quote:
Likewise, you know that Americans are the most significant and valued part of the entire social and political process, with unlimited power, and you must never let us know it, lest we rise up and drag you and your cartel members back behind the wood pile and execute you.

The author is simply stating the plan for the fascist police state in the US is becoming known in circles that will ultimately stop them. The PTB are on notice their plan will fail, is failing.

THE AUTHOR: William Dean A. Garner




Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 2179
Location: Los Altos California
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Uncle John here: My goodness? I'm going to do this?

Actually I quit doing it a long time ago.

I quit archiving the golden thread.

Only love can fill.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm
Posts: 1561
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
On the topic of "feedback" and The Golden Thread(s).

As soon as someone publicly announces their intention to take their toys and go play in another sandbox because the conversation does not conform to their expectations, I quit paying attention to what they are trying to say. The ones that are serious, as in not subject-related knee-jerk threats to "leave" -- never announce it, they just fade away into the night.

Did I think Steph was a bit snippy? Yes, but not offensively so.

Even tho Steph painted with that broad PRO-ZETA/PRO PX brush, it didn't change my opinion, and I figured she is entitled to hers as well.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:20 pm
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Wet coast
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Even though I am somewhat skeptical about the concept of Planet X, after all I have read, I haven't closed the book on the possibility that it might actually be true.

I have seen the soho images and I have seen the mostly cell phone setting sun images, and I just can't come to a confident decision as to whether these images are really showing PX, or is that a brown dwarf and Planet X and it's moons? Or is it something that can be explained as a technological glitch? I'm not an expert in astronomy or photography, so I don't know the answer.

So I keep an open mind, and wait to see whether more powerful evidence arrives that will make it clear something very powerful is coming our way.

I really look forward to reading the members of this forum who believe that Planet X is real, because I am intensely interested in the truth about PX. I mean, if it turns out to be true, it will be an event that makes every other story small in comparison. It might be the difference between me living out my natural life or not, so I'm interested in what Dondep, Recall and others have to say.

I am also interested in reading the opinions of those that don't believe in PX, and those that doubt.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:27 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 382
Location: United Kingdom
Post Re: SOHO confusion
L2L wrote:

Ferret your high and mighty attitude is starting to get old and this latest post of your's is boarder line crossing the Golden Rule.
We have let your comments go in the past but I think it's time for a friendly reminder that we allow ALL beliefs and theories here UNLIKE the other forums you speak of.

NO ONE asked you to believe what Recall or Don posts about PX, personally I am on the fence with the whole P/X subject but I read their posts to see what others think.

As for the Nancy Lieder comment, I for one don't believe a word she says and personally think she's a few bricks short of a load.

So for you to state that the this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet "X" is laughable... :roflmao

That is obviously b]YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ONLY [/b] and to be honest it actually OFFENDS me :flame

Me and the staff here volunteer allot of our personal time to offer you and the rest of the GT a fair and balanced board and if you had read anything other than the GT here you would know that :yamon

If you want to post your opinions here we strongly encourage you to do so BUT do it nicely.

Otherwise as you say please put your coat on and find another board that suites your personal beliefs.


Fine. Please delete my membership in that case. I intended that last post to be the last comment I make here frankly.

I speak as I find and really get exasperated when I see people being misled by misinformation, particularly on 2012/Planet X issues where a lot of 'newbies' to the scene get pretty freaked out, convinced they are going to die in 2 years time. Looking at some of the astronomy forums, the subject comes up quite frequently even now despite assurances and explanations, with panicked comments from new members such as 'I'm scared, is it true' and 'I can't sleep/eat for worrying about this' etc.

I don't want to be any part of anything that may be seen as helping perpetuate that foundless fear and a scan through the last few pages of the forum will demonstrate, I think, the number of Nibiru/disaster posts and threads in other sections that will back up the point I made about the heavy emphasis on such topics here. Hence my attempts to point out and challenge this.

I have never said this forum suppressed difference of opinion and varied comment however.

So, as I said, delete my membership please. All the best to you all and thank you for your time and having me here.

_________________
Steph


Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm
Posts: 1561
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Wow.

I can assure you Steph, people are being misled all over the planet. You can't run from it, or delete a membership to avoid it...in fact, there is more of it outside this forum than in it..


Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 am
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 382
Location: United Kingdom
Post Re: Re:
L2L wrote:
PageMarker wrote:
L2L wrote:
Ferret your high and mighty attitude is starting to get old and this latest post of your's is boarder line crossing the Golden Rule.
We have let your comments go in the past but I think it's time for a friendly reminder that we allow ALL beliefs and theories here UNLIKE the other forums you speak of.

NO ONE asked you to believe what Recall or Don posts about PX, personally I am on the fence with the whole P/X subject but I read their posts to see what others think.

As for the Nancy Lieder comment, I for one don't believe a word she says and personally think she's a few bricks short of a load.

So for you to state that the this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet "X" is laughable... :roflmao

That is obviously b]YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ONLY [/b] and to be honest it actually OFFENDS me :flame

Me and the staff here volunteer allot of our personal time to offer you and the rest of the GT a fair and balanced board and if you had read anything other than the GT here you would know that :yamon

If you want to post your opinions here we strongly encourage you to do so BUT do it nicely.

Otherwise as you say please put your coat on and find another board that suites your personal beliefs.


I side with ‘The Ferret’ on this one, and I would prefer to stay out of squabbles.


This is NOT a squable it's a request to be nice.
Just because one does not believe in another's post or belief does NOT give one the right to BRAND an entire board with a very wide brush.
That is what I took offense to and why I stepped in, I have spent ALLOT of time rebuilding & restoring this place and to be sort of called a cult really offends me!

That being said there is ONLY one way to fix this stigma and that's from input from the people who read here, no input means no fix so please keep the feedback coming.

PageMarker wrote:
‘The Ferret’ is not the only one who feels “this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet “X”” and what is dismissed as “laughable” (along with the cute little ROFLMAO emoticon) is also my own personal opinion in agreement with ‘The Ferret.’ This site is both pro Nancy Lieder AND pro PX as NL relays thru her ‘zetas,’ and I have told Dondep this on more than one occasion.


Just because a few active members post about PX & NL on the golden Thread does NOT mean that this entire board is PRO ANYTHING...
We simply allow our members FREEDOM to post their opinions on the GT with limited MODERATION....

The Golden Thread is all about an open and broad discussion about MANY topics.
I am saddend to hear that some of you feel that it's a one sided discusion as this tells me that all our work here has been a failure...

PageMarker wrote:
However, irregardless of the cause that “the earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard,” Dondep and I can easily reconcile our differences in the need for preparedness and emergency supplies.


Pagemaker that is why we made this entire Survival Section, NOT becasue we believe Planet X is gonna kill us all but because Prepping is a GOOD THING, you should check it out and maybe even contribute your knowledge ;)

viewforum.php?f=19

PageMarker wrote:
“Planet X,” or “Hercolubus,” or “Wormwood” or whatever designation given, whether it be from legend, Sitchen’s works, Oahspe, or the Bible are quite different and diverse sources than some lady channeling ‘zetas’ giving a message that the earth has been halted in it’s orbit for the last 6 years. Apparently ‘The Ferret’ would like “actual FACTS,” and I cannot blame that person either. I surmise I have not been paying sufficient attention to have noted his or her “high and mighty attitude” when the less gullible encounter the absurd.


This is NOT the first time that Ferret has come off with the "Higher than Mighty" & the I know more than you attitide I can assure you.

How many times have you seen a warning from me or the staff in the past?

PageMarker wrote:
Apologies in advance if my opinion offends TPTB around here.


No need to appologize Pagemaker, your a valuable and LONG TIME contributer to the GT and all of us respect your thougts.

Opinions are very much welcomed, as I said above how can we improve and grow as a board if we don't get any feedback?

Just this past weekend one of our staff was asked if we could make a new section and we did, did anyone even here even notice?

Maybe it's time that I remove Don as a Moderator?
Don will be the first one to confirm this, he has only ever been an advisor to the board rather than a Moderator.

Maybe Don's beliefs and him being a Moderator makes people "THINK" there is some sort of influence behind the scenes here at the GT?

You know what they say about assumptions right?








YUK...................... :shakehead


I have not labelled this forum a 'cult' nor suggested that anywhere, L2L, only expressed disappointment at the heavy emphasis of acceptance on certain issues of late with little critical attempts to counter it. Nor have I made any slur against Don's excellent moderation, even when disagreeing with him...that was raised by yourself.

Your comment that "This is NOT the first time that Ferret has come off with the "Higher than Mighty" & the I know more than you attitide I can assure you" is a little over the top, I'd say, but that's your interpretation I guess.

You state ..
"That being said there is ONLY one way to fix this stigma and that's from input from the people who read here, no input means no fix so please keep the feedback coming" and "Opinions are very much welcomed, as I said above how can we improve and grow as a board if we don't get any feedback?"

Wasn't that exactly what I was trying to do?

Anyway, enough said as I have no desire to squabble either so I'll leave it there.
Thanks for your supportive comment, Pagemarker, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this.

_________________
Steph


Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 am
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm
Posts: 1561
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Steph,

You provide much-needed balance. Please stay.

Lynn


Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 am
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:54 am
Posts: 1471
Location: London
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
re: tsunamis etc... this just arrived in a mailing from EarthchangesTV.com

USGS Sends Warning of Extreme
Jet Stream and Ocean Currents

by Mitch Battros - Earth Changes Media

I have received a "warning" from the USGS, Western Coastal and Marine Geology concerning the US West Coast - from northern Mexico to Alaska. A second thrust of storms is heading towards Northern California and traveling north to Oregon, Washington and Alaska. This storm is bringing jet stream winds of over 200 mph.

--------------------------------------

This is the second such storm in a few days and sort of fits like a hand in glove with a timeline I've seen elsewhere...

http://www.oroborusforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=15431

January 11th-12th
January 23, 26th
Feb 7, 13th
March 26th
March 28th
april 14th
april 20th
May 25th
June18th
July3rd, 11th
august 1st
Sept 18th
Dec16th,19th

(out of respect & decency I must share the link, even though its a different forum)

Haiti, California x 2; at least January is over... but the rest of the year??? :scared

-------------------------------------------

I also see frequent talk of wave dreams such as Selene experienced on the 'earthboppin' prophecies/visions/dreams board. I've never experienced any of these myself, but being in London am physically removed from the areas which are likely to be affected (in the immediate future).

20+ years ago I had some flooding dreams; that was when I worked in an industrial estate very close to the River Lea to the north-east of London. A surge up the Thames and then up that river could see it burst its banks where I used to work.

---------------------------------------------------------

RE Zetatalk, Nancy, etc, well there are too many possibilities, and we do not even know for sure that the 'entities' at the other end really are who they say they are (same applies to other Channelled sources - Matthew, Hatton, Sananda, et al) so I just keep an open mind. (but try not to be too open - in case anything falls out ;) )

What they say may sometimes sound nice and be what we want to hear, but just because someone says 'nice' things does not mean that they are STO and really care... their ultimate aim could as easily be 'to serve man' (as in the film).

I read with interest however...

Simon

_________________
Citizen of Planet Earth, living in the British Isles.


Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:00 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 4952
Location: Canada
Post Re: Re:
The Ferret wrote:
L2L wrote:
PageMarker wrote:
L2L wrote:
Ferret your high and mighty attitude is starting to get old and this latest post of your's is boarder line crossing the Golden Rule.
We have let your comments go in the past but I think it's time for a friendly reminder that we allow ALL beliefs and theories here UNLIKE the other forums you speak of.

NO ONE asked you to believe what Recall or Don posts about PX, personally I am on the fence with the whole P/X subject but I read their posts to see what others think.

As for the Nancy Lieder comment, I for one don't believe a word she says and personally think she's a few bricks short of a load.

So for you to state that the this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet "X" is laughable... :roflmao

That is obviously b]YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ONLY [/b] and to be honest it actually OFFENDS me :flame

Me and the staff here volunteer allot of our personal time to offer you and the rest of the GT a fair and balanced board and if you had read anything other than the GT here you would know that :yamon

If you want to post your opinions here we strongly encourage you to do so BUT do it nicely.

Otherwise as you say please put your coat on and find another board that suites your personal beliefs.


I side with ‘The Ferret’ on this one, and I would prefer to stay out of squabbles.


This is NOT a squable it's a request to be nice.
Just because one does not believe in another's post or belief does NOT give one the right to BRAND an entire board with a very wide brush.
That is what I took offense to and why I stepped in, I have spent ALLOT of time rebuilding & restoring this place and to be sort of called a cult really offends me!

That being said there is ONLY one way to fix this stigma and that's from input from the people who read here, no input means no fix so please keep the feedback coming.

PageMarker wrote:
‘The Ferret’ is not the only one who feels “this board is Pro Nancy Lieder or Pro Planet “X”” and what is dismissed as “laughable” (along with the cute little ROFLMAO emoticon) is also my own personal opinion in agreement with ‘The Ferret.’ This site is both pro Nancy Lieder AND pro PX as NL relays thru her ‘zetas,’ and I have told Dondep this on more than one occasion.


Just because a few active members post about PX & NL on the golden Thread does NOT mean that this entire board is PRO ANYTHING...
We simply allow our members FREEDOM to post their opinions on the GT with limited MODERATION....

The Golden Thread is all about an open and broad discussion about MANY topics.
I am saddend to hear that some of you feel that it's a one sided discusion as this tells me that all our work here has been a failure...

PageMarker wrote:
However, irregardless of the cause that “the earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard,” Dondep and I can easily reconcile our differences in the need for preparedness and emergency supplies.


Pagemaker that is why we made this entire Survival Section, NOT becasue we believe Planet X is gonna kill us all but because Prepping is a GOOD THING, you should check it out and maybe even contribute your knowledge ;)

viewforum.php?f=19

PageMarker wrote:
“Planet X,” or “Hercolubus,” or “Wormwood” or whatever designation given, whether it be from legend, Sitchen’s works, Oahspe, or the Bible are quite different and diverse sources than some lady channeling ‘zetas’ giving a message that the earth has been halted in it’s orbit for the last 6 years. Apparently ‘The Ferret’ would like “actual FACTS,” and I cannot blame that person either. I surmise I have not been paying sufficient attention to have noted his or her “high and mighty attitude” when the less gullible encounter the absurd.


This is NOT the first time that Ferret has come off with the "Higher than Mighty" & the I know more than you attitide I can assure you.

How many times have you seen a warning from me or the staff in the past?

PageMarker wrote:
Apologies in advance if my opinion offends TPTB around here.


No need to appologize Pagemaker, your a valuable and LONG TIME contributer to the GT and all of us respect your thougts.

Opinions are very much welcomed, as I said above how can we improve and grow as a board if we don't get any feedback?

Just this past weekend one of our staff was asked if we could make a new section and we did, did anyone even here even notice?

Maybe it's time that I remove Don as a Moderator?
Don will be the first one to confirm this, he has only ever been an advisor to the board rather than a Moderator.

Maybe Don's beliefs and him being a Moderator makes people "THINK" there is some sort of influence behind the scenes here at the GT?

You know what they say about assumptions right?

YUK...................... :shakehead



The Ferret wrote:
I have not labelled this forum a 'cult' nor suggested that anywhere, L2L, only expressed disappointment at the heavy emphasis of acceptance on certain issues of late with little critical attempts to counter it. Nor have I made any slur against Don's excellent moderation, even when disagreeing with him...that was raised by yourself.


I respectfully diagree that you have not labelled this forum, the very fact that you ASSUME that all of us here ACCEPT and BELIEVE what others post is in itself a label

The Ferret wrote:
Your comment that "This is NOT the first time that Ferret has come off with the "Higher than Mighty" & the I know more than you attitide I can assure you" is a little over the top, I'd say, but that's your interpretation I guess.


I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.

The Ferret wrote:
You state ..
"That being said there is ONLY one way to fix this stigma and that's from input from the people who read here, no input means no fix so please keep the feedback coming" and "Opinions are very much welcomed, as I said above how can we improve and grow as a board if we don't get any feedback?"

Wasn't that exactly what I was trying to do?


Yes it is however the way you went about it rubbed me and a few other's the wrong way by stating that we blindly accept the NL/PX posts, which we clearly DO NOT...

The Ferret wrote:
Anyway, enough said as I have no desire to squabble either so I'll leave it there.
Thanks for your supportive comment, Pagemarker, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this.


As stated above I too hope that you decide to stay, all I ask is that you do not assume that all of us buy into the posts that get posted here..

And above all please be nice :wavey

_________________
Image Please Obey the Golden Rules viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3563&p=40912#p40912


Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 382
Location: United Kingdom
Post Re: Re:
L2L said...
"I respectfully diagree that you have not labelled this forum, the very fact that you ASSUME that all of us here ACCEPT and BELIEVE what others post is in itself a label" and "Yes it is however the way you went about it rubbed me and a few other's the wrong way by stating that we blindly accept the NL/PX posts, which we clearly DO NOT..."


Please don't put words in my mouth, L2L.

I have said no such thing, assumed nothing of the sort, nor insinuated every poster here accepts all that is said, any more than I do myself. There is often healthy debate on topics here, which I've joined in with, so I'm only too well aware of the variance of beliefs among members. My comments were directed against the unquestioning acceptance of NL/ZT/PX by some posters, and no individuals named, certainly not you.

But, no, I won't be staying in case I offend again.

How does the saying go?.."So long and thanks for all the fish."


;)

_________________
Steph


Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 am
Profile
GT Truther

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Posts: 5708
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Very very interesting piece.




Quote:
Aliens visiting Earth will be just like humans, scientist claims2012 Changes Are Now

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/ ... rth-humans


2012 CHANGES ARE NOW
Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:19:48 AM

Governments should prepare for the worst if aliens visit Earth because beings from outer space are likely to be just like humans, a leading scientist is claiming.

Extra-terrestrials might not only ­resemble us but have our foibles, such as greed, violence and a tendency to exploit others' resources, says Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University.

And while aliens could come in peace they are quite as likely to be searching for somewhere to live, and to help themselves to water, minerals and fuel, Conway Morris will tell a conference at the Royal Society in London tomorrow.

His lecture is part of a two-day conference at which experts will discuss how we might detect life on distant planets and what that could mean for society. "Extra-terrestrials … won't be splodges of glue … they could be disturbingly like us, and that might not be a good thing – we don't have a great record."

The US space agency's search for alien life is based upon the mantra "follow the water", a strategy reflecting the fact that, on Earth, where there's water there's life. Recent missions have ­revealed ice on the moon and Mars.

Astronomers have detected more than 400 planets outside our solar system, some of which sit in the ­"Goldilocks zone" where the temperature is neither too hot nor too cold for liquid water to form.

Conway Morris will argue that alien life is most likely to occur on a planet similar to our own, with organisms made from the same biochemicals. The process of evolution will even shape alien life in a similar way, he added.

"My view is that Darwinian evolution is really quite predictable, and when you have a biosphere and evolution takes over, then common themes emerge and the same is true for intelligence.

"If you have a planet much smaller than ours, the gravity is so weak it loses its atmosphere. If the planet is much bigger, its gravity is so strong that everything crawls around on the ground, because you don't have to fall far to break everything. It's fantastically dull."

The meeting is the first in a series that marks the Royal Society's 350th anniversary. Future conferences will tackle the science of ageing, vaccines, stem cells and geoengineering: the use of technology to protect the planet from the adverse effects of climate change.

Albert Harrison, a professor of psychology at the University of California, Davis, who is speaking at the meeting tomorrow, will raise concerns about the radio signals humans are sending out to any eavesdropping aliens.

Scientists have used telescopes to listen for alien broadcasts for more than 20 years, but we have also beamed our own signals into space. Harrison wonders if we might be sending the wrong kind of messages.

"Some of them are serious, but there's a lot of hoopla, like love letters and commercials. What would we make of an alien civilisation if the first thing we translated from them was a commercial for a snack food?" he said.

In the spring, scientists will debate whether Earth should be more proactive in trying to make contact with aliens by broadcasting signals to solar systems that might harbour life.

Some enthusiasts believe any alien civilisation capable of reaching us can only have survived long enough to develop the necessary technology by solving major social problems, such as war, poverty and discrimination. Harrison disagrees.

"I do think there's a risk in active searches for extra-terrestrials. The attitude seems to be they're friendly, they're a long way away, and they can't get here. But if you wake up one morning and an armada of extra-terrestrial spaceships are circling Earth, that prediction won't necessarily hold," Harrison said.

If life has evolved elsewhere in our cosmic neighbourhood, we should find out by detecting their waste gases in the atmosphere of their planet or by discovering remnants of extra-terrestrial microbes in meteorites or alien soil samples, he said.

Harrison dismisses fears of public panic if alien life is discovered, of the kind which reportedly followed Orson Welles' infamous radio broadcast of War of the Worlds in 1938.

"The public reaction was overstated. Most people who thought the broadcast was real took sensible actions to protect themselves," Harrison said. "Surveys suggest most people think they will be fine, but they worry about others freaking out."

Ted Peters, professor of systematic theology at the Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary in California, has surveyed religious groups to understand whether confirmation of extra-terrestrials could trigger the collapse of religion on Earth.

His research suggests not, but he believes Christians should clarify whether God's creation covers the whole of space or just Earth.

SOURCE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/ ... rth-humans


Image


Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:32 am
Profile
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 pm
Posts: 1195
Location: The Golden State
Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.2
Dex wrote:
Phatman

You're living in Cabrillo Park?

Dex


Cabrillo.. That is in LA isn't it.. ? I live in the SF Bay Area between San Jose and Oakland.

_________________
-- PhaTz..

The Truth... Is for those who are bold enough to learn it, knowledgeable enough to accept it, stand not in judgment of it and are not predisposed to add
boundaries to it..


Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.